Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chick Food

Matt has invited me to contribute to his blog. I suppose that means I'll be representing the chick food. This recipe is so yummy. I feel pretty safe in calling it chick food, because of the reaction I get from Mike when I want to make it (and nothing else) for dinner. His reaction usually is complete disgust....a salad for dinner??? A man needs his meat apparently.

Tortellini Caesar Salad

1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 cups torn romaine
1 cup seasoned salad croutons
Halved cherry tomatoes, optional

Directions

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and garlic.

Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add romaine and remaining Parmesan. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons and tomatoes if desired.

I don't have a lovely picture to attach....but imagine a caesar salad with tortellini in it.

6 comments:

Matthew Hardy said...

I will have to agree with Mike.. 'Where is the meat?' I dont mind a salad for dinner but have to have some meat so it lasts longer than 20 min in my stomach. Sounds good though. Im sure Shaila will be trying this one out.

ashleyboice said...

I have had this before...so yummy. Love that matt has a cooking blog...how cute.

melanie said...

Yum, I love tortellini. Sounds great in a salad too.

Shaila Lou said...

Yummy! I would love to make this for dinner. I will be trying it soon. I'd try it tonight if Matt would go to the store for me! Hint, hint! Dang he said no! (He's watching me type.) My boys love salad though, basically it might be the only thing they eat on their plate, as long as there's ranch dressing.

Marlies said...

I had to laugh because I get similar reactions from Kent. My favorite casserole has no meat and I had to add some in just so he could eat "parts" of it. Great idea by the way. A cooking blog where family is invited to contribute.

Marion said...

Yum! I love anything with tortellini in it! This will definetly be on my "must try" list! Who needs meat, anyway? And Matt would want to add it because he always has to change things up! Gotta love ya, Matt!