Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Zuppa Toscana

I love Olive Garden during lunch. Mike and I always get the soup and salad combo. Mike gets the Pasta Fagioli and I get the Zuppa Tuscana. It’s so yummy. However, I think I have found a better replacement. It’s not as spicy as Olive Garden’s, but I prefer it less spicy (you could definitely spice it up if you want). It was a real hit with Rose.


Zuppa Tuscana


1 package of Jimmy Dean sausage
1/2 small onion chopped
2-3 celery chopped
Olive oil
4-5 Russett potatoes cut in bite size chunks
3 cans chicken broth
1 pint half/half milk or cream
1 cup chopped Kale
Garlic Salt


In large stock pot cook sausage until crumbly and drain off fat. Set meat aside and sauté onion and celery in pot with olive oil until tender. Add potatoes and chicken broth and season with garlic salt. Cook until tender then add the half and half and kale simmer until thoroughly heated. Serves about 8.


Okay Matt...it's your turn.

No comments: